Saturday 31 May 2014

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing


Well, I'm not even at my official due date yet, but I am officially tired of waiting. This last part of 'waiting for baby' seems to move at a turtle's pace. I'm really thankful that I only took one week off work before my due date, any longer and I think I would have gone out of my mind.

Last summer, when my friend was waiting for her little girl to arrive, I sent her an article to read. This time, she returned the favour by sending it back to me :)

It's beautifully written and speaks to this period of being 'in waiting'. It starts like this:

She’s curled up on the couch, waiting, a ball of baby and emotions. A scrambled pile of books on pregnancy, labor, baby names, breastfeeding…not one more word can be absorbed. The birth supplies are loaded in a laundry basket, ready for action. The freezer is filled with meals, the car seat installed, the camera charged. It’s time to hurry up and wait. Not a comfortable place to be, but wholly necessary.
Read the rest of it here.

It is completely relate-able as I experience the widest variety of emotions I've felt throughout this pregnancy. Little baby, I can not wait to meet you. Hurry up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover