Thursday 18 December 2014

Conversations {the who's dumber edition}


Scenario One: After looking at the artwork Nick and Ruby did during Daddy and Me Storytime.

Nick: Love, I did something so blonde today.
Me: What?
Nick: I was standing in the kitchen, reading the title of the picture on the fridge "O-FISH-ALLY THE WORLD'S BEST DADDY" and I kept wondering to myself, who is O-Fish-Ally?? and why is he the world's best daddy?
Me: No....
Nick: Oh yes I did. Then I googled it. The word 'officially' kept coming up, which I ignored.
Me: Noooo
Nick: It took like 10 minutes until I realized that Oh-Fish-Ally is NOT a character.

Scenario Two: At the Mockingjay movie last week

Nick: Wow, that's a big deer.
Me: {pauses to think; I noticed that it had large antlers; whispers} Wait, if it has antlers...isn't it a moose?
Nick: What?!
Me: Wait, that's not right, is it?
{giggling} I thought that the moose was the boy, and the deer was the girl.
Nick: {laughing} Um, no. Have you ever heard of a stag and doe?
Me: Riiiight. It probably doesn't help that when I was a kid I thought all dogs were boys and all cats were girls.
Nick: {just dying laughing}

Now, you let me know, who's dumber? Or are we equally lost here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover