Wednesday 18 December 2013

A First Grinch Experience


Most, if not all, of us have seen How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original cartoon version). Yesterday, Nick watched it for the first time. I was bouncing off the walls to see it again. I'm not sure why he hadn't seen it. Either it's not a popular story in the UK or his issue with Dr. Seuss (the rhyming freaks him out) prevented him from seeing it.

So we watched it. I sang along. I glanced in his direction every so often to see if he was smiling. I heard him laugh at parts. He liked it!

He did say that it's weird that the Grinch doesn't wear pants. He then crafted a little song to the tune of 'You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch' that detailed the lack of pants, and some other observations (like how creepy it is when he slithers like a snake around the Christmas tree). I pointed out that Daffy Duck doesn't wear pants either. I guess I'm a little defensive of the dear old Grinch. Did anyone else notice that when his heart grew three sizes, his eyes turned from red to blue??

One week until Christmas my friends! Get rid of your inner-Grinch and watch some Christmas movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover