Thursday 5 December 2013

Sleepless in Burlington


I've never been the kind of person that struggles with sleep. I fall asleep easily and usually sleep through the night without any trouble. Lately, not so much.

Have you seen this commercial?

That's now me. I wake up in the middle of the night (2 or 3 am) and the thoughts start going. This isn't like 'the list' where I can just write it down and go back to sleep, this is a chain of thoughts, one thing automatically leading to another. The dryer's on, what if there's a fire? Where's the smoke alarm in this place anyway? I wonder if it works. If there's a fire, would the smoke go up into the condo above us? Maybe I should stay awake until the dryer's finished. Wait, do we have a carbon monoxide detector? Must get one. What generates carbon monoxide anyway? ...and so it continues. I may even look over at Nick, jealous that he's asleep, and just be mad. As if somehow it's his fault that I'm awake.

Anyone else have this problem? Shoot me a text in the middle of the night - at least we can share in the misery. I mean, seriously, what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover