Tuesday 17 December 2013

Gift Idea: Infused Liquor


If you're looking for a gift idea, here's one that's easy to make but delicious. Infused liquor. I was inspired by a friend who makes variations of Christmas cheer each year. The best thing about this is that you can personalize it to the taste of the person you're giving it to. For my first round, I decided to keep it simple and choose one flavour to infuse into each liquor. I went for bourbon infused with figs and gin infused with cucumber. Put your infusing item into a jar, add the liquor, and shake daily. I let them infuse for 6 days, but from what I've read, 4 days is enough time. Afterwards, strain into a bottle, label and gift away!

Tips from experience:
I took the seeds out of the cucumber so it wouldn't water-down the gin.
I used a coffee filter (in a funnel) to filter the little bits out. It's not the easiest - cheesecloth or a fine mesh sieve would likely be easier.












Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover