Thursday 14 June 2012

Hotel, Motel, Holiday Inn

As you may have noticed (at least I hope someone noticed), I haven't really been posting this week. That's because I was away on a three-day training seminar for work.

Going away for work usually means one thing: I get to stay in a hotel.

via
I'm always sad to be away from home, but there are some nice things about staying at a hotel.We don't have a TV in our room (I never have), so watching TV in bed is my all time favourite part. Also, they deliver the newspaper to your room. They make your bed and fold your towels. They cook for you. It's like a mini-holiday.

There are also some things I don't like about staying at a hotel. Every night, I wake up startled and confused, because I have no idea where I am. This particular trip, the ice machine was right outside my room. Who needs ice at all hours of the night? Apparently everyone on the 12th floor. Nothing like the sound of ice tumbling into a bucket to keep you up at night. And even though TV in bed is awesome, the cable at hotels is never that great...they didn't even have the Food Network. Now that was disappointing.

It was an interesting trip, but I'm so glad to be home. There's nothing like sleeping in your own bed.

xx E.

Ps. how amazing is this tree-house hotel? and 8 other cool hotels from around the globe.
via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover