Thursday 28 June 2012

Stumble Upon

So I finally stumbled upon StumbleUpon and let me tell you, I love it!

Something interesting I stumbled upon yesterday: The 10 Best Places to Live for Escaping World Conflict aka. the top ten most peaceful places on earth.

Guess what? Canada was #7 on the list! Reasons why were things like having only one bordering country (and that's a peaceful border) and because we have few enemies in the world. How lovely!

via

Other countries on the list: 
The obvious: Switzerland and Iceland (hello, in Iceland they leave their babies in carriages outside restaurants while they go in for dinner, that's how safe it is).

The secluded: Tuvalu (no idea where it is, never heard of it, but it looks gorgeous) and Seychelles.

The somewhat surprising: Costa Rica - although having traveled there, I can vouch for how peaceful I felt there, I was just surprised because it borders some pretty dangerous places.

I'm proud to live in one of the most peaceful counties on earth - Happy (almost) Birthday Canada!

xx E.

Ps. happy (almost) long weekend!

1 comment:

  1. You were second last to discover StumbleUpon... I'm the last one lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover