Wednesday 15 August 2012

Exercise

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm probably the laziest person on the planet. I absolutely despise working out.

I've tried. Oh, how I've tried. I have had numerous gym memberships. I tried a learning to run group. I did Zumba for a while there. But sadly, they all end the same way...with me making any excuse not to do it.

via

Seriously. It's a problem. Here are some excuses I've given (to myself):

  • It's raining out (I don't want to get wet on my way into the gym)
  • I got stuck at work (on purpose)
  • We don't have any groceries 
  • I really want to cook an elaborate meal
  • My favourite tv show is on
  • Someone has offered an alternative activity (any activity)

So, on a happy note, I've found something that I actually like. Walking. And not just walking alone. Walking my dog.

It's a bit of a mind game, you see. My dog needs a walk, it's only fair. So I owe it to him to walk him. Ta-da! Exercise paired with a purpose.

Every day, I wake up at 6:15, lay in bed and check out facebook/instagram 'wake up' for 15 minutes, and take Rocky for a walk at 6:30. It's really peaceful being up that early and it's a really nice way to start my day. Plus, we have one happy pup.

Why didn't I think of this before???

xx E.

Ps. It's very important that I do get some sort of exercise because of my love of all things carbs, including mac 'n' cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover