Wednesday 3 July 2013

Conversations


The scene: Blurred Lines is on the radio, I'm driving but crazy-dancing/waving my arms around.

Nick: You love that song, eh?

Me: I do!
<dancing begins>
Do you like my dance? Does it make you love me even more??

N: Oh ya babe, you're like a pig on heat.

<pause to digest this>

M: A PIG? I'm a pig?!

N: No, you're not a pig, it's just like, you're a pig on heat.

M: I don't think that's a thing.

N: Of course it is. It's a saying. It's an English thing. sidebar: someone English please verify this for me.

M: Are you trying to say a pig in heat?

N: No. ON. Like, you put a pig on heat.

M: Umm, well there's two sayings, do you mean 'a pig in shit' or 'a dog in heat'?

N: No. ....A dog? What's that about? What's the difference between a pig or a dog on heat.

M: No a dog IN heat.

N: Oh. Nope. That's not it either.

Then we just laughed and laughed.

1 comment:

  1. haha I love the occasional cultural disconnects! This one is definitely the best to date though!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover