Monday 28 October 2013

Ladies Who Lunch

This weekend I attended a bridal shower. But this wasn't your typical bridal shower. It was a beautifully planned luncheon, sans the usual games. If you’re planning a bridal shower, I encourage you to rethink the traditional, flip the shower on its head and really make it a reflection of the bride-to-be.

The bride and groom have a beautiful house with all the housewares they need, so rather than bringing them more of the same, it was a champagne shower (bride’s favourite). I've also been to a wine shower. It’s fun to help the couple stock their wine collection :).

I realize that I didn't take enough pictures (I was too busy chatting) but I managed to capture a few moments. We all sat around one large table adorned with champagne glasses filled with flowers and popcorn (obviously I was thrilled). After perusing the menu, I opted for the green salad to start and scallops for my main. I also happen to steal tastes of the lobster bisque from the MOH beside me. The MOH is quite the baker, so she took care of a beautiful sweets table, as well as the champagne flute cookie favours (seen in every picture).




It was a lovely way to celebrate the upcoming nuptials of someone I have known for my entire life. Congrats again! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover