Monday 17 December 2012

Weekend Bits

How was your weekend?

I made sure mine was spent with people I love. On Friday, our friends came over for drinks/apps and a sleepover. They brought us some yummy hot chocolate and these adorable cups.


On Saturday, we decorated my parents' Christmas tree. I'm just going to say it: it's the fattest tree ever. Evidently all the regular sized Christmas trees were taken.


the fam

what a fatty. i meant the tree...

On Saturday evening, I went to trade cookies with other girls at this girl's house.

just one example of the sweet party set up she had

I made like 80 cookies. It was a lot. How do people regularly do it? Maybe their kitchens are nicer than mine…luckily I baked them at my parents' house (much nicer than mine) and the hubs helped a lot.

what i ended up with - the pile of shortbread at the top are what i made (and didn't give away)
I woke up feeling extra Christmasy on Sunday, despite the rain and non-Christmas-like weather. So I got a little crafty and made a card-holding garland.



















Add to that a Christmas movie marathon (Home Alone, Four Christmases, National Lampoon's Christmas 
Vacation) and I was one happy girl.

Hope everyone spent the weekend appreciating our loved ones just that much more.

xx E.

Ps. sorry for the grainy iphone pics - I should get a better camera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover