Monday 3 March 2014

The Oscars

Did you watch the Oscars last night? What did you think? Ellen is such a fantastic host. People actually laugh at her jokes and she definitely takes some of that stuffy-Oscars-edge off. I was pretty accurate with my predictions, and I have to say I'm glad Gravity didn't win anything for acting/best picture. The technical stuff I can understand. I was really happy to see both men from Dallas Buyers Club pick up awards, and now I have 12 Years a Slave on my 'to watch' list.

Of course they always leave the best awards to the end, so I had to force myself to stay awake to see the best parts. Although the other best part (perhaps the part I like even more) is the red carpet. Overall I thought the major players played it safe last night. There wasn't anything too outside the box, which (although to be expected) was a little disappointing. Anyway, without further adieu, here are my picks for best dressed last night:

Charlize Theron - that dress was anything but basic black.



Lupita Nyong'o - maybe it's just because she is one of the most beautiful people ever, but she easily made the list.



Emma Watson - when does she not look amazing?



Portia De Rossi - finally a dress with some visual interest. What a beautiful piece of work.



Kerry Washington - maybe it's the baby bump and matching glow, but she simply looks stunning.



Those on the list of not-so-best-dressed for me? Anne Hathaway and Anna Kendrick

Ps. How gorgeous is Jared Leto's mom?

Pps. The gents really stepped it up too. My pick for best dressed is Kevin Spacey - loving the navy with touches of black.

Images via Just Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover