Thursday 24 May 2012

Black Thumb

So last weekend my mom casually says to me: "I think I might come over to your place tomorrow to help you with the lawn". She had been over to borrow a shovel, and noticed that we look like we live in a weed covered jungle.

I tried to tell her that I was going to do it myself, but I'm not sure she believed my intentions.

The thing is, I absolutely despise gardening. I can't even keep a house plant alive. Side note: my office has a man who comes around to water the plants in our offices - that's the only reason my plants stay alive.

Anyway, I'm embarrassed to show a 'before' shot, but here's an idea of the state that our front yard was in.

weeds, weeds and more weeds
I don't even have an after yet, because Mumsy pointed out some details about growing conditions and made some suggestions for planting. This is gonna be a bigger 'project' than I anticipated.

All I know is this: there were more dandelions than grass, it's really hard to get the weed and the roots out, gardening hurts my legs, and if my mom hadn't come over, I would have pulled 5 weeds and moved on to the Real Housewives of Vancouver marathon.

xx E.

Ps. After photos to follow (hopefully sooner rather than later!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover