Tuesday 1 May 2012

Design Inspiration

Recently, we've noticed that we have a lot of clutter. I'm always torn between having all of my favourite items on display, and having a streamlined, clutter-free home.

I turned to Domino magazine for some inspiration...

i like how the collections - globes, cake stands
- are displayed
this vintage couch reminds me of one we had in
university ("golden boy")
i love the mix of throw pillows
just because you don't have a fireplace doesn't meant you
can't have a mantle this inspired me because i don't have one :( 
gallery wall 
great mix of textures and patterns
all photos from here

I think the key to keeping it from going from eclectic to cluttered is to contain things. If things have a place (on a shelf, in a dish, on a tray), you can display them, but they still look like they are meant to be there.

Now...time to put some of this inspiration into action!

xx E.

ps. my attempt at re-doing ouir bookshelf ...


1 comment:

  1. I miss golden boy!!! What a gem!

    P.S. The bookshelf looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover