Monday 15 October 2012

Pumpkins

Since we're about two weeks away from Halloween, I figured we'd better get some pumpkins outside, or else people wouldn't want to trick-or-treat at our run down little house.

So off to the farm we went. As much as I used to love carving pumpkins, cutting them open and spending an hour scraping out the gunk inside really did not appeal to me this year. Luckily, Pinterest to the rescue! We decided to paint them instead.

What you need:
  • Pumpkins (cleaned)
  • Spray paint
  • Thumbtacks 
  • Some outdoor space


Clean all the dirt off your pumpkin, and head outside to spray paint. It was so nice and warm on Sunday, which made it a heck of a lot nicer for doing this outside.

Once they are dry - trust me it didn't take long - you have two options:

Option A (aka Type A personality, aka my way) - lightly draw your lettering on with a pen/pencil so that you have a map of where to put the push pins.

Option B (aka Husband's way) - just grab the pumpkin and start putting those pins in.

And Voila! I actually prefer Husband's way (that's one for the record books folks). I think his looks bolder and cooler. I wish I had watched him before starting. 


Happy Pumpkin decorating :)

xx E.

Ps. Thanks to Husband for being the hand model for this DIY

2 comments:

  1. They look so good - I love spray painting so will have to have a go at this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ali! It's definitely easier and prettier than carving :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover