Tuesday 8 January 2013

French Onion Soup

When Husband and I first started dating, we cooked together a lot. In fact, every Tuesday, we would pick a new recipe to try.

We hadn't cooked anything new together in a pretty long time, so we decided to try a new recipe. French Onion soup. It's the kind of thing that seemed untouchable, and difficult to make, but actually it proved to be much easier than we thought.

One thing you really need is French onion soup bowls. I'm not going to pretend I found these babies at a specialty store. I bought four, for a grand total of $5.25 from the Dollarama.



We started with this recipe, which is a bit simpler than some others I've seen. I made a few adjustments, the most significant was adding dried thyme and only using one kind of cheese.

The result: one delicious and satisfying bowl of soup.



xx E.

Ps. How can you go wrong when the top of it is covered in melted cheese?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover