Tuesday 29 January 2013

Weird Interview Questions

While researching new and exciting interview questions (all part of the job, folks) I came across a list of strange interview questions that I just couldn't pass by. There were lots of weird ones, but here's one that I hadn't seen before:

Write down 10 things that you can do with a pencil in 15 seconds.

via

15 seconds?! Is this a penmanship test? Maybe they want to see how quickly you can write....? If not, I'd suggest allowing little more time to get their thoughts down on paper. I'm assuming this is a question to see how quickly you can think on your feet and how creative you are.

I took the challenge myself - not using a stopwatch, obviously. I love a good brain workout (at least I like that - since I don't like workouts of any other kind). Here's what I came up with:

  1. Write
  2. Erase
  3. Twirl it
  4. Put your hair up
  5. Balance it (on one end, on your hand, etc.)
  6. Make a fake mustache with it (you know, make the duck lips and wedge it between your nose and mouth - don't pretend you've never done that)
  7. Use it as a drum stick
  8. Scratch your back
  9. Roll it
  10. Use it to push buttons
  11. Do the 'rubber pencil' trick - bonus points!

Not bad, eh? I'm really hoping that one day I get asked that question, 'cause I'll be ready.

Ps. What's the strangest question you've ever been asked in an interview?


2 comments:

  1. That IS a weird question. What did you say?
    I would say yes it does.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover