Monday 28 January 2013

Weekend Bits

Well, Friday night was a bit of a wash because I wasn't feeling well. I basically camped out on the couch while Husband built a tv cabinet. You learn something new about your significant other every day (who knew he could build a tv cabinet in one evening?) Pictures to come.

But luckily on Saturday I was feeling better because we were headed to our friends' place for lunch. They have two little boys and, I'm not going to lie, the oldest one loves me. He had this picture waiting there when I arrived. It totally made my day. When I tried to show him how to draw a tulip (hey - people like variety) Husband called me a show-off.

the work of art
We had a great catch up with them and I even played mini-sticks (which is a huge deal because playing sports makes me wanna die is not my thing).

Saturday night is my favourite night to cook dinner, so I opted for one of my mom's meals that I love the most. Shrimp Scampi. I've never made it before, but it turned out to be delicious! I can't show you the recipe because I didn't use one. Yep, I'm that girl.

the makings of a delicious dinner

Dinner was followed by an impromptu sleepover with one of my  girlfriends. We drank wine, chatted and watched SNL (it was a good one, by the way).


The Saturday night sleepover was followed by a Sunday morning drinking coffee and talking - just like we used to do in University. It was lovely.

Sunday night was capped off with dinner at my parents' place. My mom made minestrone soup that I must try to recreate. She also made blueberry-lemon pound cake. My mom is a great cook; that's where I get my skills from. Jus sayin'.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover