Tuesday 24 September 2013

Shrimp Scampi

When I was a kid, Shrimp Scampi was one of my favourite dinners. When I was a teenager, my mom taught me how to make it, and it was only this year that I realized I could make it without the recipe (that's the best part about cooking, right?). Scampi is basically a butter and white wine sauce. In the words of one of my favourite celebrity chefs, how bad could that be?


Ingredients: *all measurements are approximate
1 pkg uncooked shrimp (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup white wine (choose one you would drink)
2 shallots (finely diced)
2 large or 3 medium cloves of garlic (finely diced)
1/4 cup butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 a lemon (just the juice)
A handful of flat-leaf parsley (chopped)

Method:
Dice shallots and garlic
Defrost (if frozen) and peel shrimp
Melt butter and olive oil in a large pan
Add in the shallots and garlic, and cook for 2 or 3 minutes (let the shallots soften)
Add in the shrimp and cook until just pink
Squeeze in the juice from the lemon
Pour in the wine
Simmer while the sauce reduces just a bit
Add in the chopped parsley
Serve over rice (with a glass of the wine, of course)








So easy and so yummy. Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover