Wednesday 3 April 2013

Life Lessons from Full House


As a child of the 80’s and 90’s, I grew up with some pretty fantastic television. One of my all-time favourites? Full House. I still remember gathering in the den (we weren’t allowed to call it the TV room) to watch the new episode each week. 


I’ve recently rediscovered Full House because it’s on in the early evenings. It’s been such a great reminder of all the facts and lessons I learned from the show while I was a kid.

Here are a few of the ones that stick out in my mind:

1. Don’t go skydiving on your wedding day.
2. There’s no such thing as being too clean.
3. Singing a song can fix many problems; writing an original song is even better.
4. It is entirely possible to have a foreign cousin that is also your identical twin.
5. Shoplifting and buying something on credit are not the same.
6. It’s a bad idea to let your neighbor pierce your ears.
7. ‘R’ on a car’s gearbox does not mean radio.
8. A Pillow-Pal is a much more sophisticated companion than a teddy bear.
9. There is such thing as middle child syndrome.
10. You can make yourself look smart by putting the arm of your glasses in your mouth and saying ‘interesting, but highly overrated’ when you have no idea what you’re talking about.

It also provided us with such wonderful sayings as these:
Cut. It. Out.
How Rude!
Oh-my-lanta
You got it dude!
Have mercy…

Any other Full House lovers out there?
What was your favourite show as a kid?

Ps. I think this will inspire a Saved by the Bell life lessons post in the future.

Photo source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover