Wednesday 24 April 2013

Rooftops of Tehran


I've never done a proper book review on This is Lovely. I tend to leave it to the experts (ie. Hilary). But since one of my New Year's Resolutions was to read a book a month (and I've been holding true to that so far), I figured I would tell you what I thought about this one.

I didn't have any preconceived ideas about this book before I picked it up. Sometimes that's the best way to start something because you have no expectations; the story just takes you where it's meant to. Rooftops of Tehran takes you through the daily life of an average teenage boy living in Iran in the early 70's. The author's purpose for writing it was to tell a story that would shed light on real life in Iran (and provide an alternative to the westernized view of the country). This is a story of a family, friendship and love.

I fell in love with the main character, Pasha, almost instantly. I'm a hopeless romantic, and Pasha embodies just that. The story has some pretty serious twists and turns, and completely touched my heart.

Please read it, you won't be disappointed. Then come back and tell me what you thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover