Thursday 25 April 2013

Music Nostalgia

I've heard many times people say that smells trigger memories. I do believe this is true because I've experienced it. However, something I experience so much more often is when a song triggers a memory.



The other day, I heard Train - Drops of Jupiter on the radio. Instantly I was transported back to high school. It hit me right in the pit of my stomach. I remembered the boy I had a crush on. I recalled sitting on my computer, updating my ICQ away status to lyrics from this song (the status was "heaven is overrated", in case you were wondering - deep, right?) Aside: in the days of ICQ and MSN Messenger, it was all about the status. Anyway, in all seriousness, the memory is that clear.

I'm always the person in the car listening to old music (I tend to choose old vs. new) and saying [to every song that comes on] "oooh I love this song!" Probably because listening to music is like a virtual scrapbook. They remind me of happy times, sad times, uncertain times, and everything in between.

What songs make you feel nostalgic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always lovely!

Pin It button on image hover